Weeds 8" x 10"
Altered photo-transfer images, hand-dyed fabric, couched fibers
Machine appliqued and quilted
I've focused on the yellow flower, which provides the only color contrast in the photo, and on the diagonal lines of the stems and grasses.
Except for the strips of yellow and green hand-dyed fabric, this is entirely done by photo transfer. The flower images are enlarged and altered versions of the flower in the photo, and the green print is also done by selecting part of the image and using a filter to alter it. I spent part of several days on Photoshop, much more time than might be apparent from the final result. There's lots of trial and error involved, and it's difficult to tell how what's on the screen will print on paper, let alone on fabric. Like Debra, I experimented, learned more about the technology, and have a greater repertoire of skills from this project. Time well spent, and I'm not unhappy with the result.
I've put details about some of the work I did in Photoshop on my blog.