Saturday, January 15, 2011

Libby-December Concept

As I See It...
11" x 14"
Painted fabric piece
I wish that I could say that the idea of Barbara as my model was the first thing that I thought of; my concept. I also wish I could say that the image of a painter was the first thing that came to mind. Anyway, I thought of how I might insert a person into this landscape. Then I just thought about the landscape. It seemed to me that the reeds made a frame, like your hands might do if you were scoping out a composition to paint or a picture to take. I wondered if Barbara had done something similar in taking this shot? Barbara has painted pictures in the past so the idea of her as a painter in the foreground sort of popped in to my head. I guess the rest is history:) Thanks Barbara!

7 comments:

  1. Well, sure, this is exactly where you are in your own artistic journey so it makes perfect sense! I think your painting of the landscape is quite pretty, especially the flowers and leaves in the foreground.

    Very good, Libby. One of your best, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what can I say. I am sitting here with my kleenex and tears in my eyes. Not only because you kept me in mind as you designed and interpreted this piece but because it has so touched my heart.

    I feel myself in this scene and for that there are no other words Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your interpretation elicits a BIG smile from me, Libby. Your painting is wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so you, Libby- you have a talent for devising a story to go with the scene. This is a perfect finale to a body of work all has your unique stamp on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly does tell a story! I like the way you positioned and drew the arm - brings even more interest to the painting. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw this, I said, "Oh!" with pleasure. Like Nellie, it just makes me smile--truly delightful. The position of the painter somehow pulls the whole scene together, giving it a focus it didn't have in the original. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As the others have said, this makes me smile! Putting Barbara into the work is a wonderful and fitting ( inspiring too) addition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!