Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Window-Libby

The Window
11" x 14" Painted Fabric on Canvas
I originally thought to do a man and woman in the doorway kissing under a light or a child sitting on the bench. It seemed sort of predictable to me. The idea of switching up the view seemed better so I imagined a child looking out of the window instead. I learned a lot about curtains and the values of interior hues, in general. Rich said it looked like she was in a cave originally! I pumped up the lights and darks at the end, adjusted the curtains, and sky and am now pretty happy.

9 comments:

  1. Well, sure, who won't want to gaze out a window at that lovely garden?

    Nice approach, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel approach! I don't know whether to term it "outside the box" or "the other side of the photo". Nicely done, Libby. You've captured the view of a beautiful sunny day from the room within that cottage. I like the coziness that's implied by the presence of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nellie's comment about the coziness of the cat. The colors are lovely, and the painting looks very skillful to me. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The growth you have made is so evident in this piece. It is lovely and the mood is so soothing and nostalgic. You technique with the paint is
    wonderful and this fits into your series with children perfectly. Congrats once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A unique take on the photo, and very well done, Libby. You've really created a body of work that works well together and has your unique stamp on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've often wondered what it would be like inside the cottage...
    I like the details in this piece - especially the leaded windows and the splash of orange-yellow just outside the window. Lovely and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The detail on the window really lets you know that you are in the cottage in the picture! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stepping into the photo! Well done, and I just love the addition of the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever to be on the inside looking out! Love the cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!