Monday, November 15, 2010

November Check-in - Nellie

At first glance this photo looked to be full of possibilities.  Actually, too many.  I'm leery of ending up with a too pretty and sentimental "Kincade-type" piece.

Relocating to and settling into our winter residence has kept me extremely busy.  Although while unpacking, cleaning, and gardening I've been thinking a lot about this piece.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have cleared my workspace in the studio and can begin implementing those thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back safely. I am sure you will pull together something fantastic in the next two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you start, I'm sure it will turn out well. Your Thomas Kincade comment was interesting; I had a similar feeling but couldn't identify it exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't see you succumbing to kitsch-kincade Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your ideas materialize better than mine have for this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, not the Kincade trap! I have faith that you will come up with something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!