8 1/2 x 14 1/2 inches,
handdyed and rusted cotton, organza, tyvek
This quilt started off bigger but when I ruined the other half, I took my courage in my hands and cut it in half. The background fabric started off life with me as a clean up rag for dyeing and painting. I took that rag and wrapped it in rusty metal and sprayed it with vinegar to get some lovely rust on it. Then I dyed it with some green dye for the bowl of the fountain. I have been experimenting with heating fabrics so the rusty flowers in the bowl of the fountain and the water are both fabrics that were heated to make them partially disappear and be more see through. The flowers are organza and the water is Tyvek that was colored with water pencils.
Here are some details of the burned fabric: