Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August Teaser--jdemilo

Here are my two inspirations for the landscape inspiration  this month.
This is a Matisse landscape.
This is "Oh what a lovely smokestack" by one of my favorite quilt artists.

What I like about both of these pieces and the general work of the artists are the big shapes and the letting go of the little details.  That is what I am trying to accomplish in my Bridge art quilt this month.  It is still a piece in progress.   I am in those final stages of creation where I am always fearful that I will make a decision that will ruin weeks of good work. LOL  I definitely pray more over my work during this stage!   Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to the increased prayers when you get further along on the work! My goal this month has also been to let go of the details- I'm still not sure how it's all going to work out, but I'm at it heavy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished mine and it has the details ...whew I was so glad to have extra time. I love your inspiration and am excited to see your own interpretation. I like that this was a challenge this month for all of us! Getting pushed a bit out of your comfort zone is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspirations! I went right for my comfort zone on this one. Though I did do a bit of exploring along the lines of the Matisse look and may revist it at a later time. That was certainly out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!