Sunday, June 13, 2010

June Check In -- Kim

I finished June's IT! this morning -- happy I'm done and pleased with the results. We are driving down to California on Wednesday, boarding a ship on Sunday, and cruising down to Mexico. We won't be back in Oregon until July 1st and I don't think I'll have much, if any, computer time. I'm scheduling my June IT! to be revealed on June 28th and will be looking forward to seeing/commenting on everyone's interpretation of Karen's lovely butterfly.

Here's a page (tease/carrot) from my sketchbook...

On the left is a poem by May Swenson ('...it is the common occurrences that matter to the creative mind.'):

Unconscious Came a Beauty

Unconscious came a beauty to my wrist and stopped my pencil,
merged its shadow profile with my hand's ghost on the page: Red Spotted Purple or else Mourning Cloak, paired thin-as-paper wings, near black, were edged on the seam side poppy orange, as were its spots.

I sat arrested, for its soot-haired body's worm shone in the sun.
It bent its tongue long as a leg black on my skin and clung without my feeling,
while its tomb-stained duplicate parts of a window opened.
And then I moved.

5 comments:

  1. If it's as lovely as the sketch, it's a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your sketching out the ideas. I know it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sketches. Bon Voyage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing! I'm looking forward to your reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you have done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!