Thursday, April 15, 2010

Check In-April Challenge-Libby


I have already written a little bit on my blog about my process and some of the thoughts behind my April concept. Those posts are here and here. I realize that it is like reading about someones tooth extraction. Anyway, the above shot is from my sketch book and shows the colors in the photo that attracted me. I also wrote in some of my initial thoughts about my concept. Nellie mentioned in her explanation on choosing the photo that she was interested in the "layers" of geological formations. I grabbed on to the layered concept but took it in a different direction. My concept came to me all at once, right away, which is unusual. I actually saw a clear picture of what I wanted. I have written about this and I think I was better off this time because I made a personal connection with the photo early on. The piece is finished except for mounting it to a painted canvas. I tried a new technique and am extremely happy with the results.
PS-The part about me getting my idea quickly sounds a little smug or something. I don't mean it to be and I have chased many a squirrel down a hole:):)

6 comments:

  1. I hope one of these months to have an experience like you describe. I'm off on a slightly different iteration already. Your sketchbook page looks really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beverly. Alice in Wonderland springs to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to this one.
    Your sketching is becoming a part of you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had those experiences, but not this time for sure! Beautiful colors, Libby. I'm looking forward to your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Maybe your lists are helping you come to a quick decision in spite of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when an idea comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!