Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Challenge Photo--Nellie


April's challenge photo has been provided to us by Nellie. Here is what she says about the photo:My husband and I are fascinated by the Grand Teton Mountains. On our last trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming we got up in the wee hours of the morning to see them from a raft on the Snake River. As grandiose as those mountains are, I was intrigued by geologic layers exposed along the banks of that swift moving river of clear, clean water. There is so much beauty in this world that's sculpted by natural elements.

Looks like a super challenge photo, Nellie. Thanks! Good luck to everyone. I just know that the results will be great as usual.

Note:  If you need a larger version of this photo for your interpretation, email Libby for the original.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to get started! This is a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah! Landscape! I have ideas already!
    Great photo Nellie and I can see it working fabulously for your style as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can see lots of opportunities here. Sadly, I cannot participate this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thought Kay, maybe it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just kidding. I got this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased all of you like this choice. I've not a clue what I'm going to do with it. My intention is to move further away from realism in this interpretation. Doing what I normally would do, would be too easy. I like a challenge. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layers of texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!