Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Libby February Teaser


Late to the party. Without showing the top, which is done, let me give a couple of clues. I used some of the above colors. Riddle me this: What is black and white and red all over? In addition to that, I based my design on a particular aspect of Chinese art that I learned about. One of the above elements gives a clue as to what "technique" I may have emulated. Lastly, the concept of the piece is based on something that almost every housewife in the last 200 years would have been familiar with. Operas, poems, legends, and fables have all been created to describe its' origin. I stuck to the colors in our photograph but traditionally, two other colors have always been used. The hints are pretty broad so I hope when people see the piece they will make sense.

6 comments:

  1. I guess I will have to wait to see the piece because I can't guess based on the hints-not that I know that much about Chinese anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely piqued my curiosity--

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be calling you the Riddler, or Enigma from now on...

    I can't wait to see the answer to all these riddles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. You have really got me intrigued. Wonder what it is...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!