Saturday, February 6, 2010

Early Check-In --- Kim

I feel like I already checked-in, last Tuesday I wrote in my blog:

I worked on Feb's Interpret This! yesterday. The photograph from Rian is rich with colors I like so the task of getting started was painless. I made wonderful progress: filled five pages in my journal; sketched out a design; and I have started selecting fabric. With last month's challenge, I found inspiration based on my feelings. This month, my inspiration is coming from thinking about discrete things and how I might achieve them through different techniques.


Since writing those words I've sketched out another design, the piece has grown, and I've started working on one of the sections. This is the part of the design process that I find to be the most frustrating - trying to make what I see in my mind come true in fabric. But it can also be the most exhilarating as I overcome the challenges that are limiting my success - a wonderful dance! By mid-month I want to have the piece ready for quilting.

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments on Color me Curious and congratulate everyone on a very well done January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!