Tuesday, January 5, 2010

choosing a photo- Karen

This was tough. I mean really really tough! First because there are no photos of me. Seriously! I found two very old ones taken at least thirty years ago. This is because I am the one behind the camera. I take the photos. When someone wants mine I tend to make myself very scarce. Then there is the bit about not wanting my photo on the internet... Anyway with all this going against me I had to come up with something.  So I set about to get a photo of me....and then I thought about how I wanted it to depict who I am as an artist..as a quilt artist.  Thus the photo was made and I am working on it now. I have second and third even fourth guessed  over this photo and the piece. In the end I am just going to go with it! More to come!
  

5 comments:

  1. It is hard! I've been imagining you utilizing the embroidered portrait that's already begun. I had instantly recognized that those eyes are yours. Are not the eyes the place where the essence of anyone can be seen? the window to our souls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, those eyes are mine. We draw what we know after all. I almost went with that but in the end there was no photo to tie it to! So I went with something totally different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you persevered and now have a photo! The advantage (or maybe disadvantage) of a monthly challenge is that you have to think of your idea & then go with it. I know for myself, so many times I think of so many other "solutions" that it can be hard to pinpoint the "right" solution. This kind of challenge takes that goofy back and forth away, IMHO.

    It will be great fun to see your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second and third thought is what I've done too. I'm sure all of these are going to be fun to see, and as Debra says, the deadline forces decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly! Had there been more time I would have used one of the older photos of me. Could be it works out better this way after all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!