Monday, November 30, 2009

jdemilo--Intro Post



jdemilo (j-de-mi-lo with all long vowels) is a name that I have chosen for myself.  I once heard a quote that a beautiful young woman is a work of nature but a beautiful older woman is a work of art.  I decided that as I rebuilt myself after a difficult marriage and divorce that I wanted to be a beautiful older woman with an inner glow.  I wanted a name that would remind me of my goal so I chose DeMilo after Venus. 

I have been a self-taught quilter for...oh, at least 30 years...but I aspire to become a fiber artist. My journey has taken me to quilt guilds, art classes on design, tutorials on YouTube, and hanging out in blogland with other quilters and fiber artist.  My blog is Quilt or Dye.

I am excited about this challenge and thrilled to be invited to participate.  I hope to gain experience and skills as I work on small art projects.  I WANT your comments (the good, the bad, and the ugly) as I grow into my craft.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome! I think you will find some interesting gals with diverse skills here. I know a few are more than happy to leave comments! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read your background, and looking forward to sharing this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith-I am so glad that you joined us. I am looking forward to seeing what you create and believe me, we ALL comment!:)

    PS-Only Constructively of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! I am looking forward to seeing everyones work here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing- I firmly believe n the therapeutic value of art! I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with this group--

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I made it work, so that I can see this and actually comment on this. I am so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!